Life Without Pain
Mainstream pain medications like corticosteroids, Tylenol and Aspirin are convenient fixes for common aches and pains. However, high doses and long-term use of these pain products have serious long-term side effects that could be life-threatening.
Here are just a few examples:
- Steroids (corticosteroids) are associated with an increased risk of infection, bone and muscle damage, diabetes, cataracts, weight gain, mood fluctuations, and bloating.
- Tylenol and other acetaminophen products can harm your liver and kidneys and cause nausea, stomach pain, appetite loss, rashes, headaches, breathing problems, and jaundice in the eyes or skin.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like Aspirin and Ibuprofen increase the risk of ulcers, high blood pressure, and allergic reactions as well as stomach, liver, and kidney issues.
Cannabis, on the other hand, is a safer, natural solution for acute AND chronic pain.
Various cannabinoids in marijuana and hemp bind with our CB2 receptors to alleviate pain response. Others, including THC and CBN, also interact with our capsaicin-sensitive sensory neurons, a separate process involved in pain response.
By proactively modulating these two pain pathways, cannabis products provide powerful relief for the following pain-related problems:
- Acute pain from a sprained ankle, cut, and other common incidences.
- Muscle-spasm-related pain and other chronic pain conditions.
- Localized pain from surgery, tissue and nerve injuries, joint problems, etc.
- Inflammatory pain, pain from cancer treatment, and neuropathic pain.
Beyond the pain relieving benefits of cannabinoids, a number of terpenes in cannabis also attenuate pain.
Β-myrcene, linalool, and caryophyllene are just a few notable terpenes you can count on to pacify pain and discomfort.
Calm Your Mind the Natural Way
A large 2019 case series published in The Permanente Journal adds to the ever-growing evidence highlighting the intimate relationship between CBD and anxiety reduction.
The case series reported that a staggering 79% of patients taking CBD experienced less anxiety after one month that continued throughout the 3-month study duration.
Cannabis-derived terpenes are also known for their therapeutic effects. For example, limonene, linalool, caryophyllene, and Β-myrcene have significant anxiolytic properties.
And when taken together with CBD, these terpenes supercharge the therapeutic index of cannabis on anxiety levels.
Recreational Benefits: Long-Lasting Health & Wellness
The harmony of phytocannabinoid-terpenoid interactions in cannabis products help combat everything such as negative moods, high blood pressure, autoimmune disorders and infections.
On top of these exciting medicinal and therapeutic advantages, there are a variety of additional nutrients in full-spectrum cannabis that offer substantial benefits for recreational users.
On top of cannabinoids and terpenes, whole-plant cannabis products are packed with immunity-boosting antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, essential Omega 3 fatty acids, and flavonoids.
There are numerous individuals around the country who are deficient in fatty acids and other nutrients naturally found in the cannabis plant.
These wholesome, wild-harvested ingredients are vital for keeping the mind sharp and the body healthy.A healthy mind and body is more than just one that is free of disease.
But rather, being healthy is when the whole self is thriving and strong.
So, go ahead, enjoy Mother Nature’s fruit. Cannabis supplements are indeed nature’s gifts for long-lasting health and wellness.